WHAT’S NEW WITH MERAKI LICENSING
Introducing per-device licensing: an opt-in licensing model with exclusive, new features and enhanced flexibility
The mission of simplicity is real at Meraki – from our hardware, to our cloud-hosted dashboard, to even our licensing programs. This was the intent behind our cotermination licensing model (co-term): to create one simple expiration date for all devices in a given organization, and reduce the complexity of licensing for our customers.
While co-term does serve many customers and partners as intended, we’ve seen that this method of licensing wasn’t always a fit for every customer or partner. For example, one simple expiration date didn’t quite work for customers with conflicting budgeting processes, varying grants or site billing, or other accounting (non-networking) requirements.
To address this, we have recently released the per-device licensing model, available to both new and existing customers. This model offers the ultimate flexibility for licensing and offers a suite of new, exclusive features not offered on our co-term model:
- License Devices Individually: Assign a license to a specific device (MR, MS, MX, MV, MG) or a network (in the case of vMX and SM licenses) and maintain a shared expiration date or separate expiration dates across devices, networks, or organizations.
- Partial Renewals: Enjoy the ability to renew all your devices or a subset of devices, as you prefer.
- Move Licenses Between Orgs: Org Admins (Read/Write) on multiple organizations are able to move a license (or licenses & devices together) between those organizations without calling Meraki support. This functionality is available through the dashboard and APIs.
- 90 Day License Activation Window: You will have up to 90 days to claim and assign your licenses before they activate – giving you more lead time to deploy Meraki products.
- APIs: APIs are available to claim, assign and move licenses. This will allow a greater level of automation and the ability to integrate with other systems.
- Individual Device Shutdowns: If a license expires on a device, only that individual device or product will shut down (after the 30 grace period).
Join us in an upcoming webinar to learn more about the per-device licensing model and decide whether conversion makes sense for your organization. This live webinar will include an overview of the easy conversion process as well.