The Digital Big Bang: A Must-Read for CISOs Leading Security Innovation in the Digital Age
Industry leaders reveal the connection between fundamental and scientific principles and cybersecurity best practices
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – Sep 5, 2019
Phil Quade, CISO at Fortinet and author of The Digital Big Bang: The Hard Stuff, The Soft Stuff, And the Future of Cybersecurity
“Embracing cybersecurity as a science can be an incredibly powerful and effective way to underpin innovation.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced the release of The Digital Big Bang: The Hard Stuff, The Soft Stuff, And the Future of Cybersecurity, authored by Phil Quade, who brings three decades of security experience in numerous private and government organizations. The book explores approaching cybersecurity like science. Like the scientists of centuries ago, who led the search for knowledge about the cosmic big bang, space and the science behind it, this book includes thoughtful observations, hypothesis, and conclusions on cyberspace and the ‘digital’ big bang from many of today’s cybersecurity leaders, making it a must-read for CISOs.
Further, more than 30 of the most accomplished leaders in the cybersecurity field contribute to The Digital Big Bang, sharing their knowledge and experience from working on the front lines in an industry that keeps changing in the world of digital transformation. These contributors represent the most important industries and organizations globally, including academia, airlines, financial management, healthcare, and government.
Cybersecurity subjects that The Digital Big Bang covers:
- Speed and connectivity; the core and binding strategies of cybersecurity
- Authentication, patching, and training; frequent elementary shortfalls
- Cryptography, access control, and segmentation; fundamental and proven strategies
- Visibility, inspection, and failure recovery; advanced strategies and sophisticated cybersecurity operations
- Complexity, privacy, and human frailty; higher-order dimension factors that can eclipse computing wizardry
- The future of cybersecurity, including AI, ML and securing hyperconnectivity
- To learn more about The Digital Big Bang: The Hard Stuff, The Soft Stuff, And the Future of Cybersecurity and request your own copy, visit here.
- Access more from Wiley on The Digital Big Bang: The Hard Stuff, The Soft Stuff, And the Future of Cybersecurity here.
- Follow author Phil Quade on Twitter here.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
About the book
The Digital Big Bang: The Hard Stuff, The Soft Stuff, And the Future of Cybersecurity (Wiley, September 2019, ISBN: 978-1-119-61736-5, $29.99, 336 pages).
About the author: Phil brings more than three decades of cyber intelligence, defense, and attack experience working across foreign, government, and commercial industry sectors at the National Security Agency (NSA) and partner organizations, such as US Cyber Command, the CIA, and others.