SafeSearch, YouTube for Schools, and Simplified Remote Access Management Now Available with Barracuda NG Firewall
SafeSearch and YouTube for Schools enforcement are now enabled on the new version of Barracuda NG Firewall.
The latest version of Barracuda NG Firewall now includes Wi-Fi policy enforcement and simplified remote access management through a self-service portal.
Barracuda NG Firewall Remote iOS application is now available in the iTunes App Store: http://cuda.co/ngfwremote.
Barracuda has released the latest version in its NG Firewall product line, which includes a number of new features and updates designed to simplify setup, administration and management. Barracuda NG Firewall now includes self-service configuration for remote end users using MacOS, Windows and iOS to configure their VPN connection in a few clicks. The latest version also allows administrators to activate SafeSearch and YouTube for Schools enforcement in the firewall rules settings. With the new version, Barracuda released the new Barracuda NG Firewall Remote iOS application, designed for system administrators needing simple access to NG control centers from iOS devices. Barracuda will demonstrate the latest version of Barracuda NG Firewall this week at RSA Conference 2015, April 20 – 24, at Moscone Center, San Francisco in booth 3441 in the North Hall.
“The latest version of Barracuda NG Firewall combines application aware traffic control and next-generation security features designed to help K-12 school districts meet the security demands of technology-enabled schools,” said Klaus Gheri, VP Network Security, Barracuda. “We are pleased to offer our customers these new enhancements as we continue to deliver on our Total Threat Protection initiative.”
Highlighted features of the latest version of Barracuda NG Firewall include:
- SafeSearch – Enable safe search enforcement so the strictest policies are implemented during search queries.
- YouTube for Schools – Create settings that allow students to access the educational content on YouTube EDU while limiting access to non-educational content on YouTube.
- Wi-Fi Policy Enforcement – Integrate with Wi-Fi access points for visibility and policy enforcement using industry leading wireless infrastructure solutions.
- Remote Access Management – Manage the configuration of remote access for Mac OS X, Windows and iOS devices through a self-service portal.
- Barracuda NG Remote iOS Application – Provides Barracuda NG Firewall system administrators easy remote access to their Barracuda NG Firewall Control Centers and Appliances from any place at any time.
Barracuda Total Threat Protection
Barracuda NG Firewall is part of the Barracuda Total Threat Protection initiative, which is aimed at providing powerful, integrated security protection across multiple threat vectors at an affordable cost. Barracuda Total Threat Protection is designed to protect multiple threat vectors including email, web applications, remote access, web browsing by network users, mobile Internet access, and the network perimeter itself. It includes the combination of award-winning security solutions, a common management interface, a single point of support, and affordability. For additional information on Barracuda Total Threat Protection, visit http://cuda.co/ttp.