Sophos XG Firewall v18 is now available!
Introducing the all-new Xstream Architecture
XG Firewall v18 is now available sporting the all-new Xstream Architecture delivering extreme new levels of visibility, protection and performance.
XG Firewall v18 Highlights:
- Xstream SSL Inspection. Get unprecedented visibility into your encrypted traffic flows, support for TLS 1.3 without downgrading, powerful policy tools, and extreme performance.
- AI-powered Threat Intelligence. Extend your protection against zero-day threats and emerging ransomware variants with multiple best-in-class machine learning models and unmatched insights into suspicious files entering your network
- Application Acceleration. Optimize network performance by putting your important application traffic on the fast path through the firewall and routing it reliably out your preferred WAN connection
Also check out our SFOS v18 playlist on YouTube to find out what’s new in XG Firewall v18!
XG Firewall v18 also includes support for all new central management, reporting, and deployment options launching on Sophos Central next week:
- Group Firewall Management. Easily keep your full estate of firewalls consistent using groups that automatically keep policies, objects, and settings synchronized.
- Central Reporting. Network activity and insights across all your firewalls are now at your fingertips in Sophos Central with several pre-packaged reports and flexible reporting tools to create your own.
- Zero-Touch Deployment. Conveniently setup a new firewall in Sophos Central, export the config, load it on a flash drive and have your new Firewall automatically connect back to Sophos Central without having to touch it.
Other New Features and Enhancements
In addition, there are also a ton of other new features that will enhance your protection, visibility, management experience, and network versatility:
- Synchronized SD-WAN brings the power of Synchronized Security to reliably and accurately route application and user-based traffic over your preferred WAN links
- Firewall, NAT, and SSL Inspection rules and policies are now more powerful, flexible and easier to work with than ever before
- Plug-and-Play high-availability (HA) makes it easier than ever to enable business continuity and added peace-of-mind – simply connect two XG Series appliances together and you’ll be up and running in no time
- Real-time Flow Monitoring provides at a glance insights into active bandwidth consuming hosts, applications, and users
- Expanded Notifications and Alerts ensure you never miss an important network security event whether it’s related to a threat, service, or important performance metric
- And much more… Check out the Complete What’s New Guide for more full details.
Get it now!
As usual, this firmware update is no charge for all licensed XG Firewall customers. The firmware will be rolled-out automatically to all systems over the coming weeks but you can access the firmware anytime to do a manual update through MySophos.
For fresh installations, please find the following installer images:
Things to know before upgrading
Check out the relevant sections of the XG v18 release notes for details on:
Making the most of your new XG Firewall features
Free Online Training
- Available for free for all XG Firewall customers, our delta training program will help you make the most of the new features in XG Firewall v18.
- This online program walks you through the key enhancements since v17.5 and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
Customer Resources and How-To Videos
- Also be sure to visit the Customer Resource Center for the latest How-To Videos and links to documentation, the community forums, training and other resources.
Take advantage of Partner and Sophos Professional Services
- To augment your local Sophos partner’s services, we offer services to help you getting up and running and make the most of your XG Firewall, including the latest capabilities in v18.
- While Sophos Professional Services can help with any task, here are the most common services they provide:
- XG Firewall deployment and setup
- XG Firewall v18 DPI, FastPath and SSL Engine Optimization
- XG Firewall Health Checks
Here are some direct links to helpful resources:
- Customer Training Portal (free Delta Training)
- Sophos Support v18 Playlist on YouTube
- Customer Resource Center
- Community Forum Recommended Reads
- What’s New and Release Notes
- XG Firewall v18 Complete Documentation
- XG Firewall v18 CLI Guide
- XG Firewall v18 User Portal Guide
New to XG Firewall?
If you’re new to XG Firewall, see how it provides the world’s best network visibility, protection and response on the new XG Firewall website.