Sophos – SFOS 17.5 MR5 Released
Hi XG Community!
We’ve released SFOS v17.5.5 MR5 for the Sophos XG Firewall. Initially, the firmware will be available by manual download from your MySophos account. We then make the firmware available via auto-update to a number of customers, which will increase over time.
Please visit the following link for more information regarding the upgrade process: Sophos XG Firewall: How to upgrade the firmware.
What’s New in XG Firewall v17.5 MR5
APX 120 support for XG Firewall
The APX 120 is a new entry-level, 2×2 MIMO access point. It comes with dual-radio technology and supports 802.11ac Wave 2 for much improved performance over the equivalent AP Series models. With 17.5 MR5, you would be able to manage APX 120 from XG Firewall.
Issues Resolved in SF 17.5 MR5
- NC-42458 [Authentication] CAA error “Username already logged in too many times. Client will try again shortly”
- NC-43413 [Authentication] access_server does not always react to service heartbeats
- NC-43108 [Email] Unable to use a Russian search string in SMTP quarantine search
- NC-40223 [Licensing] Unable to send license sync request after not receiving CSR response
- NC-44226 [Wireless] MAC filtering cannot be configured for a SSID using API
To manually install the upgrade, you can download the firmware from the MySophos portal. Please refer to Sophos XG Firewall: How to upgrade the firmware.