WatchGuard Releases Fireware 11.10.5 and WSM 11.10.5
Fireware 11.10.5 and WSM 11.10.5
WatchGuard is pleased to announce the General Availability (GA) of Fireware 11.10.5 and WSM 11.10.5. These maintenance releases include several bugfixes, important security udpates, and support for the new AP300 802.11ac wireless access point.
- Along with important bug fixes, the new releases include several notable updates:
- We’ve updated the default Firebox certificates to use the SHA-256 crypto algorithm instead of the older SHA-1, which is being deprecated by common web browsers.
- WebUI has removed support for the TLS v1.0 crypto protocol as required by version 3.1 of the PCI Data Security Standard
- APT Blocker support on the POP3 Proxy
- USB modem failover for the Verizon Novatel U620L modem
- Localization of the Web UI and WSM into Japanese, Spanish, and French.
- Support for the new AP300 and associated Gateway Wireless Controller features. Watch for more information with the public launch of the AP300 in the week of January 11th.
The What’s New in 11.10.5 presentation includes a full description of all new features. Release Notes include a comprehensive list of resolved issues.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
The Fireware release applies to all Firebox T, Firebox M, and all XTM appliances, except XTM 21/21-W, 22/22-W, or 23/23-W.
Software Download Center
Firebox and XTM appliance owners with active support subscriptions can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the WatchGuard Software Download Center. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade to understand what’s involved. Pay close attention to upgrade instructions if using the Gateway Wireless Controller and moving from version 11.10.2 or earlier.