WatchGuard Fireware and WSM version 11.10
Have you downloaded 11.10 yet? The latest Fireware release is now available on our software download website. We’ve also updated the WSM version 11.10 last week to provide better information and warnings about upgrade paths. We released 11.10 after the most extensive Beta test program ever at WatchGuard, and thousands of users have already download and installed 11.10 over the past few weeks. We’ve got lots of enthusiastic feedback on the new features which include:
Domain Names in Policies
Version 11.10 provides the ability to include domain names in policies. Cloud hosted services and content delivery networks frequently change IP address, which is frustrating if you need to update firewall policies each time. The new Fireware feature is very flexible, working in proxies or packet filters, and allowing the use of wildcards. For example, you can now define rules to allow traffic to antivirus signature update sites, even though all other traffic is blocked.
Time and Data Quotas
The new Time and Data quota feature enable productive and balanced use of Internet resources in the workplace and on guest networks. Admins can set policy to ensure that employees do not spend excessive amounts of time on non-work related activities.
What else is new in 11.10?
Version 11.10 is packed with dozens of other new features including:
- Gateway wireless controller enhancements, including rogue access point detection to catch unauthorized access points that may steal data.
- New wizards in the Web UI make it easier to turn on or update the security services.
- Simultaneously send log messages to two Log Servers – ideal for customers that want to send logs to both Dimension in the cloud and on premise.
- New VPN diagnostic tools and reports. Find out quickly if tunnels fail and get issues resolved immediately.
- Automatic certificate updates ensure that the certificates needed for HTTPS DPI are always current on the appliance without requiring new firmware updates.
- Full screen mode for Firewatch with group, data, and refresh options. See at a glance what is happening on your network.
The “What’s New in 11.10” presentation includes a full description of all new features.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
The Fireware release applies to all Firebox and XTM appliances, except XTM 21/21-W, 22/22-W, or 23/23-W appliances.
Software Download Center
Firebox and XTM appliance owners with active support subscriptions can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the WatchGuard Software Download Center. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade to understand what’s involved. Known Issues are now listed in the Knowledge Base when logged in at the WatchGuard website.